Friday, January 18, 2008

13 children

If you are wondering what it is like to live with 13 children, here is a glimpse.

  • Meal times are utter chaos!! By the time we get all the plates made for the children and get ready to sit down for our meal, the children are ready for seconds!! We have started not even making our plates until seconds are dished out. 17 people eat A LOT!!
  • I am not sure that the washer and dryer have stopped working since we have arrived.
  • The noise level can be overwhelming at times.
  • There is always someone to play with.
  • There is always someone to fight with.
  • We have to take two vehicles everywhere. It is quite an art, each time we go somewhere, to make sure that no one is being left behind. Before we can pull out we always have to communicate with the other vehicle.....Who do you have or how many do you have? It makes me laugh all the time.
  • I wish I had started counting the day we arrived how many paper products we would go through!!!! I am sure we are responsible for killing at least three big trees....maybe more.
  • Movies are wonderful!!!
  • I consider it a miracle each night, when they are ALL asleep!
  • When one wakes up.......they ALL wake up!!
  • There is always someone to help with the little ones.

Honestly, I never thought that it would go so well. The children really do get along with each other. I almost hate going home where my children will start fighting with each other again!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to do that 3 times a day. Wow!!!
No big deal about the package, just some towels, etc. Lynn sells stuff on eBay and she was overstocked. Everybody can use towels, right?
Love Joann

mylifewith5kids said...

We can always use towels. I am very excited! Thank Lynn for thinking of us.
Judith

Anonymous said...

It has actually been a combined effort from all of us. Lynn, Shane and Kendall (Pets-Raahh & Pooty -Indy & Tonka). Matt and Stephanie(Dogs- Chase & Elisy). And Me and Bruce (Pets-Sammy & Baby Girl).
Let me know when you get it, if you have any questions.
Your sister, Joann

mylifewith5kids said...

We got the package today!! Absolute perfect timing!! Last night when we got home, we realized that there was leak under the house. Long story... but when they came to fix the pipes they ruined some of our towels. I was so excited to have the new ones to replace the ruined ones!! Thank you to all that were involved. I LOVE the blankets too!! They are so soft!
Just wondering.... what part did the animals really play in the sending of the package?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully nobody has allergies to animals. On eBay, stuff gets listed as "smoke free and/or pet free". Besides they are part of the family, especially for people who don't have 5 children at home. Sorry we didn't have more blankets. I love mine too!

mylifewith5kids said...

No allergies to pets. I just don't like taking care of them!

Post a Comment