Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I want to be more like.....

Are you asking yourself who I want to be more like? Well my answer will not be short, this week has held many exciting things.

  1. Lauren!! She and I went to Goodwill on Saturday's 50% off sale. I found out that she has much better taste in clothing than I do!! I want to be more like her.
  2. The guys at Goodwill!! I bought something pretty big for a Christmas gift. Amy Bearden and I were sure that we could get it into the trunk of her car. The guys who carried it out of the store for us knew immediately that it would not fit in the trunk. They could tell by just looking at it. They were SO right. I want to be more like them.
  3. Philip Wilson!! We finally did get that big item from Goodwill, inside of the car and on top of the girls in the back seat. We had more shopping to do, so I called a friend and asked if we could store it at her house for awhile. No problem. Her husband Philip came out to help us and to show us where to put it. Once he got it out of the car, we laid it on the ground and we noticed that it hadn't been closed correctly. Amy and I tried many things while Philip just stood and watched us. We couldn't figure out how to get all the pieces to fit correctly and still be able to shut it up. Philip very nicely told us to flip one thing over and our problem would be solved. He was right. I want to be more like him.
  4. Joel!! He has begun singing recently. His newest song is something like this...DA-DE-DA-DA-DE-DA-DEEEEE! In type it loses most of the effect, but my point is the child sings all the time and he doesn't care who hears him. He is so cute! I want to be more like him.
  5. Amy!! She cleaned around the house today all on her own...without being asked!! She is helpful and motivated. I want to be more like her.
  6. Karen!! She drove about six hours to Kentucky yesterday, with three BOYS, by herself! I don't like to drive to Walmart with three BOYS by myself!! I want to be more like her.

I will stop there for now.

1 comment:

Thomas and Lisa said...

I loved this post. It is a good question to ask yourself.
I want to be more like you.
Tom

Post a Comment