Monday, February 5, 2007

How we survive the cold

This first picture is our window, from inside of the house, covered in snow and ice. It is SO cold here, that the children can not go outside to play! They could get frost bite in a matter of a half an hour. It is probably needless to say, but we are going crazy being inside of the house for so long. I swear the children woke up fighting yesterday morning!! I might have done something to the children that I would have regreted, if the Lord hadn't changed my heart. The children and I had our family Bible time and things just worked its way out to everyone having better attitudes. The next BIG attitude changer was, my next door neighbor, Karen called and invited my children to go up to the Tabernacle to play inside with her boys. There is A LOT of running room at the Tab. They had a blast and so did I. I went up too, just to get out of the house. I really needed to run also. Karen brought up her workout video and we did it while the children ran in six different directions! That day will go down in my memory as one of the most fun days I have had this year. I guess winter can be fun!!
Today was a better day than what yesterday started out being. The children's attitudes were much improved. I guess we really did need to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Thanks Karen for inviting us up to the Tab. Lets do it again real soon! Most of all, thank you Lord for changing the attitudes of this family before we even got outside. We need you more than we need to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment