Friday, February 22, 2008

Date with Mommy!

My mom sent each of us a gift card to Wendy's for Valentine's Day. Amy wasn't able to get her's on the same day as the rest of us. She got her's sometime this week. When Amy got her card, she told everyone that she was going to take Mommy out on a date and then Daddy. Well, today was my date with Amy Jo! I asked Amy what she would like for us to wear. We had to wear dresses of course, this was a date!!



This is us at the start of our date. (my double chin WILL be gone in a few short months!!!)


Our first stop was at Goodwill. We (she) had great fun playing with the toys. After the toys had been given plenty of attention, we went shopping for clothes!! Goodwill was having a great sale. We bought an empty, HUGE bag for $25.00. We were able to fill it with whatever clothes we wanted. Amy and I packed about 30 articles of clothing in our bag. Great items from Gap, Old Navy, Christopher and Banks, and I can't remember the rest, but everything was in excellent shape. We got about seven pair of jeans (one was BRAND new), several pair of wind pants, and fifteen or twenty shirts. We started out with an empty bag in a cart and finished with a bag so full we couldn't get it out of the cart!! It was SO much fun!!










Finally we went to eat! It was very special to sit and eat with my grown up little girl. She looked so beautiful to me. I couldn't get enough of her. We talked about many things. On our way out the door, I turned to Amy and said, "Thank you for asking me out on a date." Amy's reply, "Thank you, Mommy for coming!" My heart just melted. This has got to be one of my favorite dates of all time!!



Later today Emily wanted to make brownies. She asked Joel to help her. These are pictures of Joel "helping". I have a great video, but it was taking too long to download. Maybe I will try again later.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look on this blog! Makes me want to get creative on mine!

Emily Jennings said...

Judith you look really great. I'm glad you posted pics of yourself.

Pegsy said...

You and Amy look SO much alike! You're both adorable! This post has inspired me to set up some dates in our family. It's been a long time since we did that.

Post a Comment