Saturday, January 7, 2012

Never expected this...

Had quite an emotional day.  Lauren got a phone call today from a friend, of her old school, informing her that one of her past classmates had died yesterday.  Sam was the name of the student that died.  Sam and her mom were in a car accident last week, but they did not die until days later.  This was too close to me and I started to bawl.  Sam had spent the night at our house once and I fondly remember her as being very sweet.  It just breaks my heart that this child was right between my two oldest daughters in age.  So tragically young and her mom is gone too.  She leaves behind a dad, a brother, a sister, and a Grandmother that has been living with them.  I can't imagine how this family is coping with losing two family members at the same time.  I remember while my children were all young...just thinking that if I died my children would be much better off.  I now shutter at the thought of my children growing up without me.  I know that both their earthly father and their Heavenly Father would take care of them, but who would love them like I do, sacrifice for them, cheer them on, touch them, and clean up after them?  My heart is heavy tonight.  I am feeling the pain of their loss and yet so very thankful for the time that I have with my family!!! 
I love you my sweet family and I am so thankful to be a part of your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment