Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Aug. 19th - 26th

This week was supposed to be an exciting week for me. You see...today was the day I was scheduled to fly down to Florida to spend some quality time with my Dad!! Just him and I for one whole week. I so hate that I never got that opportunity. Instead I traded in my ticket almost two months ago to fly down to Florida to say, "Goodbye" to him. Since that time, Florida has become a place I don't ever want to go back to. All of my favorite memories of my dad were spent there in Florida.....it will never be the same!!! In fact when I had to fly down to Florida again last month, I cried and cried just standing there in the Tampa Airport. My dad should have been there to pick me up, he would have been so happy to see me, but he will NEVER again be there to greet me when I get off of a plane. My heart just aches because of this fact.
Airports had always been one of those special things between my dad and me. I remember while growing up, Dad and I used to park at the end of a runway and have the planes take off and land right over our car. We both LOVED airplanes. There were also all the times that I flew to visit him. He would be at the end of the terminal just waiting to get a glimpse of me and as soon as he did he would ALWAYS cry those big tears of joy. It was the same thing for my return home, except this time it was tears of sadness that were shed when I walked back down that same terminal. Oh how I loved that man.....and oh how HE LOVED ME!!!
I sure wish that I was coming to see you today Dad!!
I really miss you!!

2 comments:

Nancy Blowers said...

Hi Honey:
My heart goes out to you. Everytime I think of Uncle Ted I still can't believe he is gone. I know how much you loved him and I know how much he loved you. I knew that from the day you were born and the way he looked at you. Keep that in your heart. In time, the memories at the airport and Florida will not be painful but will make you smile BECAUSE they remind you of your dad. Trust me. I know. In the meantime, know that I love you and think about you all the time.
Your big cousin,

Nancy

Pegsy said...

I'm sending hugs and love across the miles. I'm so sorry you are hurting so much right now. I'm praying that God will comfort you in just the way you need right now.

Post a Comment