Friday, August 22, 2008

Fun facts

I bought a new book yesterday. It is a BIG book of lists. I am finding it very fascinating to read. I thought that I would share some fun facts with you over the next couple of months (did I mention that the book is BIG).

  1. I found this fact in the list of Holidays in the U.S. Did you know that Sept. 19th is.... International Talk Like a Pirate Day? No joke!!!
  2. From the list of Deadliest Animals. Bears kill 5-10 humans a year/ elephants kill 300-500/ large cats kill 800/ I have skipped many others, but here is the deadliest animal of all.... mosquitoes kill 1,000,000 (yes, one million) humans a year!!!!
  3. These are my favorite. They were found on the list of Proverbs From Other Countries. I will end up giving you all of these over the months. They are great!!
  • God grant me a good sword and no use for it. Poland
  • The frog wanted to be as big as the elephant and he burst. Ethiopia
  • If you make a bad habit of buying things that you do not need, you will soon be selling things you do. Philippines
  • At high tide the fish eat ants; at low tide the ants eat fish. Thailand

I will stop for now, but only because I have a headache!! I hope that enjoyed these.

No comments:

Post a Comment