Saturday, May 10, 2008

Prayer REALLY works!!!

I know that most of my readers already know that PRAYER works, but I just have to post about it anyway!!!!! God has done TWO major things this week and I am just SO excited to share them with you.

I often read through a chapter of The Power of a Praying Wife and The Power of a Praying Parent whenever I think of it. The books are AWESOME for guiding you in knowing what and how to pray for your family. Tuesday, the chapter focused on.....my husband's relationships, just jumped off the pages at me. I knew that he needed to be prayed for in this area, because honestly, I am Jeff's one and only friend. There was a specific part in the prayer that talked about broken relationships. Jeff has been stuffing some real hurt from someone at work, because he just wouldn't talk about it. I prayed for Jeff and just gave it to the Lord. The VERY NEXT morning, Jeff and I were called into a meeting down at the lodge. I was shaking, so worried that I had done something wrong, but for the life of me couldn't think of what it could be. The meeting started and come to find out we were not in trouble. God had planned this meeting and I feel a true miracle happened. Jeff openned up and actually shared about his hurt to the person that had been hurting him for these past years!! Tears were shed, NOT from Jeff of course, but from me and the other person involved. We talked openly about things and it was wonderful!!! When Jeff and I left the meeting, almost two hours later, we felt like we were floating on air!!! All that hurt and anger was gone. Thank you Jesus!

The next thing was just as major to me!! This one involved one of my children. I will not go into much detail, but I will give you the highlights. This child has been prayed for probably more than any of the others. In a nutshell, very stubborn and hard to get close to. Lastnight before bed, this child lashed out at me for the umpteenth time. Here we go again, they reject me, I don't like to be rejected so I close myself off into my own little world, leave the child alone and let Daddy deal with them. Lastnight, God changed things up a whole LOT. Jeff told me to tuck this child in bed and to pray with the child. I went up and did it and God broke this child's heart. This child was sobbing, because of how they had been. (This is huge for this child, we don't often see much repentance at all for any wrong doings.) God broke my heart too. Actually He softened it. I was able to forgive this child, love on this child and share my heart with this child!!! Truly a miracle. You can pray for us in this process. I so want my children to grow up and be some of my best friends. I need to change A LOT to make this happen. I need to have more fun with my children NOW and I need to touch them SO MUCH more than I do!!!!

We are not "there" yet, but God sure is working in my family's life this week!!!! By the way, just for clarification, I am not the only one that has been praying for these things to happen in my family. My mom has been praying for us probably more faithfully than I have been. Thank you so much Mom!!

2 comments:

Pegsy said...

Thank you for sharing, Judith. I love hearing how God is at work among his people.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this Judith. It really encouraged me, because I can totally relate. I have one of those kids and just keep praying that God will break through. I will be praying for you too. Mary Alice

Post a Comment