Sunday, May 11, 2008

My heart

Yesterday I told you all about what God is doing in the lives of some of my family members. Today I need to tell you what He is doing in my life. God is working on softening my heart and making my speech sweet!!! Many times I fall short in these two areas.....especially when I am in a hurry!!! I often think that I am so easy to be around. I am kind, I like to smile, I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, and I love to serve people. This is me almost ALL the time...when things are going MY way, but only some of the time when things are not going MY way!!! (Man this sounds A LOT like my children!!) Well, I want God to change me. I want to "shine" even when things are not going my way! I want my sweet attitude to be my first response when I am in a hurry, when the children are disobeying me, when things are just not going the way I planned, and even when I am tired!!! Wow...God has a lot of work to do!!

4 comments:

Nadine said...

I can relate to this Judith...When I am in a hurry is a big one for me...I guess that is why I always like to be ready WAY ahead of the game cause when I am not...I am out of control...being way ahead doesn't always work ...things happen at the last minute that does leave me out of "control"...and then my mouth slips...Good one to pray for...thanks for sharing and being open...it brought it to my attention too...
Have a blessed week

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Thanks for sharing. I often talk to my kids about "shining like stars" with our attitude! I have to remember to model this as well, and by giving my heart to God is the only way to change it.

Pegsy said...

I can really relate to what you're saying as well...I'm know I'm such a selfish Mom sometimes, because I do the same thing when things aren't going MY way. It's really not pretty and I'm also praying that God will change me.

Tabitha said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your honesty here. I read it when you first posted it and was so convicted that I couldn't comment. This has been my struggle lately too. So often when things aren't going as I think they should, I get impatient and snarly with my kids. It stops me in my tracks to think of HOW OFTEN God is patient with me and how amazing are His grace and mercy. Oh to show that to my kids! My heart's desire; the desire of all of us moms with a heart for Jesus. I'm sure you're doing great!

And about the black bean brownies. They're not as delectable as most, but they're good- the standard from scratch recipe with black beans added in. I'm trying to get more legumes in my family and I have alot of "texture" eaters who can't do plain beans, so this is what I'm left with. Disguising them in desserts! I'd like to cut down the 2 cups sugar though. The friend who shared the recipe included an AVACADO frosting recipe to go with them. :) I didn't have any avacadoes at the time, but maybe next time I'll have to post that recipe.

Post a Comment