Thursday, April 17, 2008

How am I doing?

I am STILL working to lose those last ten pounds! I gain a pound, lose it again, gain a half pound, lose a whole pound, gain a pound, lose that last half pound again. There just doesn't seem to be any reasoning with this whole diet thing. I have essentially weighed about the same for the past month, but with all the gaining and losing I have done.......technically I have lost about 5 pounds. Does that make any sense to you?

I have been staying away from most Internet things, except for email and my blogs. It is going well, but I REALLY miss reading about what everyone is doing. I can't wait until May to be able to play catch up with all my friend's blogs. During this month away, I was supposed to be spending most of my time in the Bible. I haven't done too well at that. If I am not on the Internet, I seem to find something else to distract me! I have been in it more than before, but not as much as I had planned! My plan was to be reading it all throughout my day...in front of the children. I so want them to hunger and thirst for God's Word. I need to be that example for them.

God has been teaching me this week to think positive about people and to stop assuming the worst. I don't know how many times I have gotten half the information and yet totally assumed I knew the whole situation. Wouldn't it have been wonderful to be Christ on this Earth and NEVER assume anything!! He just KNEW all the facts!!

1 comment:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I hear you on the weight loss struggle. Sigh. Keep pluggin' away, we'll both get there eventually!

Just wanted to let you know I tagged you (but I understand if you don't join in - I don't want to mess with your break). :)

http://titus2345.blogspot.com/2008/04/youre-it.html

Blessings,
Tyler

Post a Comment