Monday, August 27, 2007

SATURDAY

Life Action Triathlon took place today at 7:00 am. Daniel and Jeff did it together. They swam about 1/2 mile in the pouring rain, rode 8 miles on their bikes in the pouring rain, and ran about 2 1/2 miles in light sprinkles. They did this all in about 1 hour and 20 minutes!! It was a fun morning!
I figured since I was already wet from watching the triathlon, I would just go into town and do some laundry. I took Joel with me, so that Jeff and Daniel could sleep. It was kind of fun to be at the laundromat. Joel was very intrigued by all the spinning loads of laundry. It kept him entertained for a while. The worst part about the whole experience was the COST of doing the laundry! It is EXPENSIVE!!
Our days excitement was not over by any means. Jeff and I went on a date with Steven and Christy Canfield. They took us to see/hear the South Bend Symphony. It was so much fun. The performance was outside. (the rain stopped at noon and the weather was perfect) For the last two songs fireworks were going off over our heads! It was totally amazing. It was an experience that I will not forget!!
The night just got better and better. We arrived home to a house with POWER!!! THANK YOU LORD!! I don't think that I will ever look at a power truck or its workers the same again. They are probably glad that I was not here when they were working on it. I think that I would have hugged them all!! My family is probably glad as well, I would have embarrassed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment