Friday, August 10, 2007

A date

Today is a day that I will never forget. Jeff took me on a date to his uncle's funeral. I am very hesitant to write it like that, but that is really what it was. We left at 6:00 this morning, WITH NO KIDS. We drove through Chicago and arrived four hours later at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We arrived just in time to follow them to the funeral home. It was a wonderful funeral. Uncle Dick was loved by everyone. There were lots of stories told about how great he was! We laughed and I fell in love with this uncle I never really knew. The stories were all happy, but I did cry when his grandchildren started sobbing from all of the memories. Uncle Dick will be very missed by all his family and friends! After the funeral and burial we went to a church for some family fellowship time. I love Jeff's family, so this time was very special for me. We didn't want to leave everyone, but the time came that we needed to get back home to the kids. The ride home took us A LOT longer....3 HOURS LONGER!! We made a couple of stops, but the Chicago traffic was what made the huge difference. We arrived home around 10:00! I feel very refreshed after being with Jeff ALL day and being away from our five blessings ALL DAY!! Thank you to Kasey and Sasha for watching our children for us!! I owe you BIG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment