Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My assumption was wrong

We took Lauren and Emily to the orthodontist today. I totally assumed that Emily would be getting braces for sure and thought that maybe Lauren would need them too. After many xrays and pictures, Dr. Chad told us that both girls needed them. He is having us wait for Emily's braces until her baby teeth are gone, maybe in 6 to 12 months she will be ready for braces. (She is very disappointed to have to wait!!) On the other hand he said that Lauren should start her braces as soon as possible. She has a lot of work to be done, two years worth! I was shocked, but during the exam he showed me that Lauren's mouth is shaped like mine was before braces. She really does need them. It is official, Lauren will be getting braces next Wednesday!! After two discounts, the total for Lauren's extensive mouth work was $5,080.00!! My stomach was in knots after paying that bill. I praise the Lord for providing the money, but man was it HARD to let it go. Emily's work will not cost as much, PRAISE THE LORD!!

I have a huge request for anyone out there in blog land that has a Dorothy doll from a McDonald's Happy Meal. If you have one and are willing to part with it....MAY I PLEASE HAVE IT!!! My wonderful sister-in-law Jana, is collecting the whole set and she is missing Dorothy. Just email me at ilovemykids@intergate.com and we can figure out the shipping cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment