Monday, April 23, 2007

Let me see!

It has been almost a week since my last post. Let me see if I can remember all that has been happening. First of all, our computer has been to blame for the long absence. We got a new one a few weeks ago and we returned it last Thursday. (didn't like a lot of stuff about it) Well until we get another new one, I am forced to use our old one. Everytime I tried to get on the old one this week...it died on me. I tried it again this morning and it is working for now!! YIPPEE!!
The weather here has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! The children are outside all the time. Friday they played with our friend Joanna Maines who stayed for the weekend. Joanna is 17 and she is the favorite "friend" for all the kids around here. It is really cute to hear them come over to my house and ask if Miss Joanna will play with them!! Friday night Joanna and I priced TONS of clothes for a garage sale that some of us are having the first weekend of May. We did more pricing on Saturday and I still have plenty more to do. I can't wait until it is all over with.
Saturday night Joanna and I went grocery shopping at Walmart. When we were done I took her home. I got home around 10:15, all the children around our house were in bed and asleep. When I got out of my van, with a load of stuff in my hands, I accidently pressed the PANIC button on our keyless remote. I did exactly as the button said I panicked. The alarm was blaring and I couldn't seem to think straight and turn it off. When I finally did turn it off someone next door peeked out to see what all the noise was. I was totally embarrassed! As far as I know, I didn't wake any of the sleeping children! Mine slept through it, even with their window wide open and the van parked right under it. The whole thing makes me wonder if they would ever hear a fire alarm if one went off.
Sunday was perfect. The message at church was so thought provoking, that I spent a lot of time that day in prayer! We had a real family day. Because of the weather we spent most of the day outside. Jeff and the kids played soccer, the kids went swimming (IN ICE COLD WATER), canoeing and then to top it all off we had pizza for supper. My nephews Austin and Bradley came over for pizza too. Later that night I got a call from a woman named Dorothy. She is a sweet friend who is VERY lonely. I am so glad that God had her call me. Our family needs to go spend some time with her soon. After that I called my mom. I miss her. She was really sick so we didn't talk for as long as we usually do. I went to bed around 11:30 thinking that I loved this Sunday!!!
Today is a whole new day. Jeff is doing testing for students taking achievement tests, the children and I did school this morning, it looks like it might rain any second, and Joel has been VERY fussy ever since Daddy left this morning. I hope this day gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment