Friday, February 1, 2008

What did you say?

A quick note to let you know that Joel and the rest of the children are much healthier now. Thank you so much for your prayers. We NEEDED them!!

Joel's vocabulary has increased by leaps and bounds recently. He no longer just gives us those quick one word answers of yes and no. Our most recent example happened first thing today.
When he woke up this morning he looked a little lost. Being the GREAT mom that I am, I asked him, " Joel do you want something?"
He immediately replied, "Eat!"
Okay, I am a smart mom. I knew what that meant. He was hungry. He had been so sick this week that his appetite had really changed. I wanted to make sure that I got him exactly the thing that he wanted to eat.
I asked him, "Joel, do you want cereal?"
"No."
"Joel, do you want oatmeal?"
"No."
"Okay, Buddy, do you want toast?"
"No."
"Joel David, what do you want to eat?"
His reply, "BRESSFIST!" (Translated....breakfast, for you non mommy readers)
Just in case you are wondering, "bressfist" this morning consisted of two bowls of oatmeal and a piece of toast. Apparently a big vocabulary calls for a big appetite!

2 comments:

Pegsy said...

Very cute! I'm so glad everyone is doing better.

mylifewith5kids said...

Thank you....ME TOO!!
I am LOVING the work you are putting into your blog lately. I so enjoy reading anything about your family. Keep it up!
Judith

Post a Comment