Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ooohhhhh.....that's why

Today we did some major cleaning upstairs and some minor cleaning downstairs. It took us most of the morning, but we got it done!! After all the stuff, on the floors, was put away I was able to vacuum. There was A LOT that needed vacuuming. When I was done upstairs, I vacuumed downstairs. The floors looked so much better. I was getting ready to put the vacuum away, when I noticed that my bagless vacuum canister thingy in the front was EMPTY!!!



I realized immediately that we had a problem. That canister should have been almost full. I remembered that Joel had been playing with the vacuum the day before. I figured he had messed something up. I rearranged the canister, but that wasn't it. I investigated a little further. I pulled out the hose from the back of the vacuum. It was FULL of stuff. Some how we had totally clogged the thing up.



It took me about ten minutes to clean that hose out. I was very thankful for our untwisted, metal coat hanger. It did the trick like magic!! You may think this is gross, but I just had to take a picture of all that junk in the hose. I couldn't believe all that was in there.



I don't know how long it had been clogged, but when I vacuumed again after the cleaning....it worked like brand new again.

2 comments:

B said...

Judith,

You won my bloggy giveaway for a FREE BLOGGY DESIGN!!!!

http://foshefamily.blogspot.com/2008/02/andthe-winner-is.html

E mail me at brandy_foshe@yahoo.com so we can get started on your new design!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

mylifewith5kids said...

Brandy, I am SO excited!! I can't wait to get started!!
The neat thing is that I prayed if I was going to win a blog design, I wanted to win it from you!!

Post a Comment