Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hello!

Hi, guys! I am back from not blogging. My Life Action friends will understand my absence. This is Revival Week here. We had meetings Sunday night and all day Monday and Tuesday. It was a different format this year. We did not have speakers. We only had prayer facilitators. We sang, read scripture and prayed all three days. It was my first time in my entire life to really enjoy total quiet! I have never felt comfortable in silence, but it was SO nice!

I wanted to catch you up on Daniel's stitches. He got them out last Friday. They told us the charge for the whole thing was only $3.50 more than what the children raised for us!!! We never imagined that stitches would cost so much. We planned on giving back the left over money. I was sad that there was none to give back, but very excited for God's provision. He knew exactly how much we needed!!

I started school with the children today. I feel so inadequate to do what God has called me to do. I would LOVE to send the children to school, but I must obey Jeff and just keep doing the best that I can!

I have a friend Rachel, who is a foster parent. She and her husband have adopted three children, six and under, so far. Right now, beside those three children, she is fostering an 8 month old and a newborn! She is an amazing person. It didn't take me long to think up something that would help her out. This women needed some help with meals. This afternoon Tammy Wreford came over and she and I made a few meals to send to Rachel. It was such a blessing to me to be able to do this. I have such a heart to rescue children, but at this point in my life.....my children are my life! Making these meals made me feel like a small part of the foster care system. This experience made me see a glimpse of what my monthly supporters must feel. Jeff and I don't ask people for support, but if people somehow saw helping us as a privilege, it would be so nice to ask!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment