Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008

I am borrowing this fun idea from a couple of blog friends. The idea is to write the first sentence from the first post of each month and a little update for the entire year of 2008.

January
This has been such a big week of firsts for our family.
(The beginning of the year must be BIG for firsts. I did another first this week too. Shut my own finger in the van door. I hope to never do that again!!!)
February
A quick note to let you know that Joel and the rest of the family are much healthier now.
March
Today was a Tea time for ladies at our church.
(I love spending time with friends.)
April
The children have started their own blog.
(Here is a link to their latest post.)
May
I am able to get on other people's blogs again.
(I am notorious for making myself totally give up doing something for a certain amount of time. My way of practicing self-control.)
June
Life in a nut shell.
(I so enjoy making lists)
July
Daniel's fun thing for today was listening to a CD while in bed.
August
I have to post today.
(Summer is such a hard time for me to blog. We are so busy.)
September
Top ten reasons why I am voting democrat.
(This post and my post for an easy breakfast casserole were my most visited posts of 2008.)
October
Wasn't Jeff an adorable baby.
(We have two months with Birthdays on the first.)
November
Just wear your "I VOTED" sticker to Starbucks for a free coffee....
(I absolutely LOVE getting FREEBIES!!! Here is my favorite link for free item info.)
December
I am a little frustrated today.
( I dislike ending my year on being frustrated, but frustration is a real thing in my house sometimes. I love that my blog is real, but I hope that I am much more postive than negative in my daily perspective. It is totally my desire that 2009 be a Jesus year. I do not want to get in the way of what Jesus wants to do through me this year.)
2008 was a great year. Thank you to all of my faithful readers who check in on my family everyday. I am so encouraged by your comments and your blogs. I SO enjoy keeping up with your family too!!!
I love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Pegsy said...

What a great idea! I'm a few days late, but maybe I could still do that... May God's richest blessings be upon you and your family this new year! Love you!

Post a Comment